Are you a student interested in a health care or research career? Are you looking for work experiences, classes, and student groups to help you explore the possibilities?
Take advantage of the many resources and organizations dedicated to helping you along your career pathway and the classes and clubs that can help you explore your interests. We will keep adding new resources, so check this space regularly! Have a resource to showcase here? Contact us at email@example.com.
Career development & advancement
- ChicagoCHEC education and training programs – research fellowships, mentoring, and training opportunities at ChicagoCHEC institutions and communities.
- UIC Office of Career Services – empowering students in their career development and job search by providing accessible resources and comprehensive services.
- Hispanic Center of Excellence at UIC – programs and opportunities for Latino high school students, parents, undergraduates, medical students, and faculty.
- NEIU Career Development Center – resources for career preparation and advancement to guide individuals with all phases of their career development when transitioning from college to career.
- Northwestern Career Advancement – comprehensive services and programming for career development, preparation, and professional opportunities.
- Northwestern Office of Fellowships: Application Guidance – tools, tips and guidelines for finding the best fellowship fits, writing essays and proposals, and preparing for interviews.
- Career 911 Your Future Job in Medicine & Healthcare – a free massive open online course (MOOC) that packages health careers exploration with professional development skills such as articulating a personal story, resume and cover letter writing, job search, interviewing, networking and professional communications.
Search for jobs, internships & volunteer experiences
- Northwestern Office of Fellowships: Full List – database list of fellowship opportunities compiled by the Northwestern University Office of Fellowships
- Idealist.org – find volunteer opportunities, nonprofit jobs, and internships.
- Indeed.com – worldwide search engine for jobs.
- Careerbuilder.com – global online job search site.
- SimplyHired.com – online job board where you can find jobs from 24 countries in 12 different languages.
- Internships.com – site specializing in helping students and young professionals find the right internship to kick start their career.
- USAJobs.gov – the U.S. federal government’s official source for federal job listings and employment opportunity information
- Federal Student Aid – U.S. Department of Education website with numerous resources about funding your education.
- Mint.com – an online tool that allows you to see your balances and transactions together. Mint can automatically pull all your financial information into one place.
- BudgetPulse – personal finance software for creating a budget.
- Coming soon…
- Coming soon…
- Coming soon…
Writing a grant application is a significant undertaking. Let us help you find funding to move your ideas forward!
We’ve compiled resources to support faculty & staff in cancer research, community engagement, education, training, and mentoring.