The University of Illinois at Chicago
• To create knowledge that transforms our views of the world and, through sharing and application, transforms the world.
• To provide a wide range of students with the educational opportunity only a leading research university can offer.
• To address the challenges and opportunities facing not only Chicago but all Great Cities of the 21st century, as expressed by our Great Cities Commitment.
• To foster scholarship and practices that reflect and respond to the increasing diversity of the U.S. in a rapidly globalizing world.
• To train professionals in a wide range of public service disciplines, serving Illinois as the principal educator of health science professionals and as a major healthcare provider to underserved communities
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT CHICAGO
SERVICES AND PROGRAMS
As Chicago’s only public research university, real-world problems are solved through innovation and discovery. Research at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is re-shaping educational policy; developing cleaner, more sustainable energy; helping to make sense of today’s vast amounts of computer-generated data; and driving economic development by moving research to practical application. Outstanding programs range from the creation of new medical diagnostic techniques to turning carbon dioxide into fuel.
UIC is made up of 15 colleges dedicated to the discovery and distribution of knowledge, with research strengths in the areas of computer science, sustainability, bioengineering, health sciences, psychology and education. UIC features 15 academic colleges, 83 bachelor’s, 93 master’s and 64 doctoral degree programs.
A part of UIC, UI Health includes a hospital, 22 outpatient clinics, and 12 Mile Square Health Center facilities. It also includes the seven UIC health science colleges: the College of Applied Health Sciences; the College of Dentistry; the School of Public Health; the Jane Addams College of Social Work; and the Colleges of Medicine, Pharmacy, and Nursing.
Resource Types: Academic Center