Writing a grant application is a significant undertaking. Let us help you find funding to move your ideas forward!
Here, you will find funding opportunities and resources to assist investigators and community partners in developing strong applications. We want to grow this resource. Have a funding opportunity or resource to include here? Contact us at [email protected].
Where to find funding opportunities?
- UI Cancer Center publishes Weekly Funding Opportunities Guides.
- The Alliance for Research in Chicagoland Communities publishes monthly bulletin for community and academic partners searching for grant opportunities and other resources in public health and community engagement.
Applying for NIH funding?
- See the NIH grant timelines and sign up for the NIH listserv to be notified of NIH funding opportunities.
- Learn about the grant writing/coordination process here.
Interested in ChicagoCHEC seed grant funding?
- ChicagoCHEC Research Incubator / Catalyst Funding Opportunities – partnership building, proposal development, pilot projects, and research project grant funding opportunities to foster cross-institutional collaborations among investigator teams from NEIU, UIC, Northwestern, and community partner.
- NCI Research Supplements to Promote Diversity in Health-Related Research (diversity supplements) – program announcement (PA-15-322) for NCI Diversity Supplements to support the research training of students, post-baccalaureate and post-masters individuals, postdoctoral fellows and faculty investigators who are members of an underrepresented group.
Grant writing resources
- NCI Diversity Supplement Guidelines – clarifies the application process and highlights NCI-specific requirements.
- NIH Biosketch FAQs – find biosketch instructions, samples, and tips for the “contributions to science” section.
Resources for community partners
- ARCC Resource Directory: NIH biosketch for community partners – biosketch templates and examples. Resources developed and is maintained by the Alliance for Research in Chicagoland Communities (ARCC).
- ARCC Resource Directory: Funding & Grantwriting Tips & Strategies – for partners and partnerships that are considering or preparing community-engaged research grant applications. Resources developed and is maintained by the Alliance for Research in Chicagoland Communities (ARCC).
ChicagoCHEC partner organizations and their networks provide services to help advance cancer health equity and promote community wellbeing.
Are you a student interested in a health care or research career? Are you looking for work experiences, classes, and student groups to help you explore the possibilities?
We’ve compiled resources to support faculty & staff in cancer research, community engagement, education, training, and mentoring.
Initiated in 2001, the National Cancer Institute’s Partnerships to Advance Cancer Health Equity (PACHE), is a program that enables institutions serving underserved health disparity populations and underrepresented students and NCI-designated Cancer Centers to train scientists from diverse backgrounds in cancer research and to effectively deliver cancer advances to underserved communities.