Community Engaged Research Boot Camp
Sponsor/Host: UIC Center for Clinical and Translational Science
Location: UIC College of Nursing
Address: 845 S. Damen 3rd Floor Event Center Chicago, Illinois 60612
Email: [email protected]
More information: View Event Page »
Community Engaged Research (CER) Boot Camp an intensive, three-day, hands-on, interactive, program that provides the knowledge and tools research staff need to help you carry out successful community engaged research projects. SPACE IS LIMITED! Registration Deadline January 27, 2017
Boot camp dates: Friday, February 10, 17 & 24 9:00am to 4:30pm
Boot camp attendees will be able to:
- Define community engaged research and its core components
- Identify ethical issues surrounding human subjects research conducted in the community
- Examine best practices for study preparation, implementation, dissemination and sustainability in community engaged research
- Articulate the roles and responsibilities of the research team and community partners in community engaged research
- Ensure your study meets Federal, State and University regulatory requirements.
- Identify aspects of professional and ethical behavior related to community partner and research participant interactions.