Event Type: Research Grants
Sponsor/Host: Susan G. Komen
More information: View Event Page »
- Eligibility: Applications are open to researchers with a doctoral degree at academic institutions who are conducting breast cancer disparities research and are committed to support a training program with a minimum of 3 graduate students/trainees (those in a masters and/ or doctoral program) per year.
- Funding Level: Up to $135,000 per year for up to 3 years for a total of $405,000.
- Training Requirements: The proposed research training program should leverage the current training and research activities available at the applicant institution while also providing new training opportunities that are not currently offered. The program should provide a combination of didactic coursework and hands-on laboratory, clinical and/or public health research experience. Strong preference will be given to programs that provide a solid plan for recruiting trainees from populations affected by disparities in breast cancer outcomes.
- Grant Intent: GTDR Grants are intended to establish and/or to sustain a training program for a minimum of three graduate students who are seeking careers dedicated to understanding and eliminating disparities in breast cancer outcomes across population groups.
Application: Due September 20, 2016.
- Application System Opens: July 7, 2016
- Application Due: September 20, 2016
Award Notification: On or around April 15, 2017
Details on all Funding Mechanisms ARE available at www.komen.org/RFA.